Friday, July 5, 2013

Fashion: The Staple Bag and Statement Bag

When I was younger, I switched handbags nearly as often as I changed my clothes. I had cheap, faux-leather purses in every color of the rainbow. I fondly remember a sunflower yellow hobo I toted for a few years, as well as a cobalt blue bag with a giant flower adorning its front. As I've grown, my taste in handbags has certainly changed. Now, I'm a huge advocate of the staple bag: a classic, generation-transcending, occasion-transcending bag of good quality. Naturally, this sort of purse comes with a heftier price tag. Whether you have a designer or mall budget, you can find a gorgeous staple bag to go with any look.

Gorgeous bags that transcend from office to errands to out to date night.
Even if you can't spend several hundred (or thousand, eek!) dollars on a staple piece, dupes exist for less than $100 and are just as beautiful and versatile as the designer staples.
Staple bags for less than $100 - just as lovely as the designer bags.
However, this summer there is a massive trend amongst designers: bright-colored handbags! A boring suit or LBD can easily stand out with the addition of one of these jewel tone satchels, and a neon purse with a drab office outfit is sure to get you noticed and help your business casual stay trendy.

Colorful bags for summer looks.

What do you think? Should you splurge on a staple bag or replace a cheap one every few months? Is a colored handbag trendy and fun or tacky and obnoxious? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment