Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fashion: Maxi Skirts for Summer

Being 5'2", I took one look at the maxi skirt trend taking over fashion magazines and the internet and knew it wasn't for me. I've never met a formal dress I didn't have to hem, and I live in the world of petite pants. But when I moved to Paris and saw so many women absolutely rocking the ankle-grazing trend, I took a $10 gamble on a black, cotton maxi skirt from H&M and never looked back. It's so great for an all-day look because you can wear one for morning coffee and then out that night with just a few styling tweaks.

Solid and pattern maxi skirts for any budget.


Some of my favorite maxi skirts on the market right now.

Add heavier make-up and a pair of heels to dress up a maxi skirt for night.

Examples of day-to-night maxi skirt styling.

Chic celebrity styling.

Jennifer Lawrence, Selena Gomez, Olivia Palermo and Jessica Alba rock their maxi style.

What do you think? Are maxi skirts fab or drab? What's the best way to style a maxi skirt for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment