Friday, July 19, 2013

Beauty: Product Review Time!


My recent beauty buys.
Beauty review time!

I bought all of this stuff over the past few weeks and I'm here to review them for you.

1. Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow, $6. 
This eyeshadow is supposed to stay on for 24 hours without fading like typical powder eyeshadow, and it does. It looks really great and sparkly and is perfect for a night out. That being said, it does get flaky as the day goes on, and it's nearly impossible to get off! I'd honestly rather just re-apply normal eyeshadow then deal with this stuff. Instead of using it for all-day wear like it's supposed to be used, I just wear it for nights out and take it off after 6-7 hours before bed.

2. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer, $8.
This concealer is the bomb. It's honestly my favorite one I've ever used! The stick is perfect 'cause you can control exactly where you want to cover, and it covers well. I'll definitely be buying this again.

3. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, $8.
I tried this once (my sister had it) and immediately went out and bought it. It works perfectly on damp or dry hair and gives you lovely beach waves! I like it even better than the Bumble & Bumble spray Eleanor uses and it's much cheaper.

4. COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm, $6.
Chubby sticks like this are my favorite! They moisturize your lips and are easier to apply than lipstick or Baby Lips, plus have a great matte finish (I hate glossy lips, ew!). I got this one in blush for everyday wear, but I love the bright pink or red hues as well. I'm definitely picking up a few more.

5. NARS Bronzing Powder, $36.
Yikes, this is expensive! But it's totally worth it. This is my favorite bronzer; it comes in so many shades for any skin tone and blends perfectly for contour and glow. If you can look past the price tag, don't even think before buying it.

6. Essie Nail Polish in Sunday Funday, $8.
This is one of their new summer shades and I love it! I have it on my toes and fingers right now and it's the perfect pop of color for any summer outfit, especially for the beach or pool. Essie is my favorite polish because it goes on well and stays on, and it comes in the most beautiful shades. Sunday Funday is no exception.

7. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Serum, $13.
I actually found this in Paris, on recommendation from a Parisian, so I know it's legit. My hair gets really staticky and frizzy and one tiny drop of this worked through my hair keeps it from disobeying all day. If you have the same problem as I do, try this finishing serum.

8. Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush, $7.
This is my favorite blush! It comes in a ton of colors and is very light and subtle, very pretty. It looks so natural on skin and gives you a great glow for a low price.

9. Maybelline New York Define-A-Brow Pencil, $6.
About six months ago, someone mentioned I should start filling in my eyebrows. I tried it and I've never looked back, it elevates my make-up look to the next level and just makes my features pop! This is a great brow pencil because its thin and easy to blend; you can create exactly the brow you want. If you've never filled in your brows, do it. Now. It's amazing the difference it makes.

Let me know if you have any questions about these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment