Saturday, June 29, 2013

Post-Europe Cleanse: No More Cheese!

Okay, maybe I can have a little cheese.

After six weeks in Europe munching endlessly on white bread, fromage and all kinds of dessert, my body feels pretty terrible. I'm also quite dehydrated due to the lack of water refills with meals and water fountains around Paris, so I need to get back in shape. Since this is my first weekend back in America, I'm giving myself a few days to enjoy my favorite foods such as BBQ, Mexican and fried chicken that I haven't had in several months. But once my taste for North American cuisine is satiated, I'm going on a meal plan and getting back to running. I've started to outline my meal plan and grocery list that I'm hoping to stick to for a month before cheating.

I love packing lunches to eat between classes.
Breakfast:
  • Option 1: whole wheat english muffin, peanut butter, plum/clementine
  • Option 2: hard boiled egg, grapes, cheese stick/cottage cheese
  • Option 3: whole wheat bagel thin with Weight Watchers cream cheese, apple
Snack:
  • Option 1: Greek yogurt
  • Option 2: healthy crackers and laughing cow
  • Option 3: carrot sticks
Lunch:
  • Option 1: cucumber salad
  • Option 2: pasta/quinoa salad
  • Option 3: turkey on whole wheat
    • with cucumber and laughing cow
    • with mustard
    • with apple and brie
Snack: 
  • Option 1: Luna bar
  • Option 2: apples and peanut butter
  • Option 3: green smoothie
Dinner:
  • Option 1: turkey burger, bbq sauce, broccoli
  • Option 2: tilapia, rice, green beans
  • Option 3: rice and beans dish
On my busier days when I don't go home for hours, I'll be combining some snacks and meals (i.e. turkey sandwich and carrot sticks) and alternating which veggies and fruits I use, but this is the basic plan! No white bread, limited cheese, and no nasty, processed food. Since it's summer in the South, I want to use my oven as little as possible so everything but dinner is fresh and cold. 

Once I get started with this plan I'll let you know how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment